About Linda Fisherman
Therapist + Couples and Marriage Counselor
A licensed therapist for since 1996, I would love to help you overcome the obstacles that stand between you and true happiness. I bring deep attonement, compassion and insight to support my counseling clients to realize the fullest potential of their lives.
The most inspiring juncture in the therapy process is the pivotal moment when a woman or couple experiences a “shift.” It is a transformational moment when the path to a fulfilling and meaningful life opens for a person. This turning point emerges from many experiences of feeling deeply listened to, and cared for. I am honored to facilitate this process of self-discovery, inspiration and hope for my therapy clients.
Becoming a Marriage and Family Therapist
My destiny has always been to become a therapist. As a young girl my friends valued my warmth and compassion and respected my feedback. By the time I was a teenager, I knew that I had found my calling.
Like so many other young women, I soon became caught up in an unrelated career and began to lose sight of my early dreams. I was working in an industry that was enjoyable but not deeply fulfilling first in New York, and later in Los Angeles. Eventually, through inner-work and therapy I experienced my own transformation and decided to devote my life to bringing hope and healing to others as a counselor.
My own counseling as a young woman enabled me to gain the tools to become more assertive and live my life with increased clarity and strength. As a result, in spite of a problem with dyslexia, I returned to school and completed my Bachelors Degree and then a Master Degree in Marriage and Family Counseling. In my own therapy I addressed childhood difficulties and healed self-limiting beliefs and patterns. My own journey has shown me that it is essential to reslove anything that holds us back from being fully ourselves and sharing our gifts with one another.
Healing is always possible.
Now I’m living my dream and I’ve never been happier. Relationships with my husband, family and friends are fulfilling and rewarding. I overcame the obstacles that were preventing me from living the life I wanted, and you can too.
Counseling and Therapy Credentials & Affiliations
- Master Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy, Phillips Graduate Institute
- Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Abuse Studies, University of California, Los Angeles
- Brainspotting™ Level 1, Brainspotting™ works by identifying, processing and releasing core neurophysiological sources of emotional/somatic/spiritual pain, trauma, dissociation and a variety of symptoms.
- Brainspotting™ Level 2
- Clinical member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Clinical member, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Full member, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA)
- Clinical member, Conejo Valley Mental Health Professionals Association (CVMHPA)
As your therapist, I can help you achieve the happiness that you deserve. You have to take the first step. Contact me at: Linda@lindafisherman.com or by phone at (805) 374-1770.
Together we will determine how I may be able to help you in therapy.
If you are not yet ready to contact me, visit my specialty pages to learn more.